Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, students are required to log ten hours of community service -
Students are required to complete 40 (Class of 2022)service-learning hours (10 hours per year) as stated in the graduation requirements section. At the end of each academic year, it is the responsibility of the student to log and submit his/her hours. Below are potential services/learning options for students looking for ideas to fulfill their service learning requirement for graduation. The list is not all-inclusive. Students with plans not listed should seek approval from the counselor or principal. Activities should be completed for an individual outside the immediate family and must be done without pay in order to meet service learning guidelines.
- School – work at school functions, tutoring, etc.
- Church – choir, volunteer for Sunday school, help at dinners, mission trips, etc.
- Neighbors – rake yards, mow lawns, shovel snow, baby-sit, pick up groceries, water & feed pets, wash windows
- Visit and Volunteer at the Nursing Home/Volunteer at community events.
- Students completing service hours for another school group may also use those hours toward their service learning graduation requirement.