Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Word of the Week:
Today’s Word: Inequality (noun)- a mathematical sentence built from expressions using one or more of the symbols <, >, ≥, or ≤.
Sentence: Inequality is an algebraic relation showing that a quantity is greater than or less than another quantity.
Chicken Tenders or Soft Shell Taco with Salsa
Varsity Baseball is home vs. Williamsville
JV & V Softball are away at Eureka
Freshman Baseball are hosting Rantoul
Boys Track & Field are traveling to the Pontiac Relays
- University of Springfield will be hosting a Memorial Nursing Open House tomorrow at 06:00 PM until 08:00 PM. Location will be at the Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation in Springfield, IL. Students will learn what to expect as a nursing student, costs and scholarships, admission requirements, and career options. You will also meet the Nursing team and have your questions answered. Appetizers and dessert served.For more information, see Mrs. Blessing in the counseling office.
- Students, your last opportunity to buy a yearbook this year will be Friday, April 27th. If you have not yet pre-ordered your yearbook but want one, this is your last chance to do so. We don’t order extra copies. Please visit Jostensyearbook.com to submit your order, and see Mr. Brigham in Room B6 with any questions about whether or not you’ve already purchased a yearbook. Thank you!
- Attention Seniors: The Student Council is now accepting applications for the Red Cross Blood Drive Senior Scholarship. See Mrs. Cooper or Mr. Jones for an application. The deadline to apply is noon on April 26.
- The Nikki Hutchcraft Scholarship is now available to any senior female athlete in a varsity sport. Applications can now be picked up in the counseling office and are due April 27th. This is an Oly only scholarship so don’t miss out!
- Seniors nominated for the BA Prater Scholarship, the Scholarship Essay needs turned in to Mr. Castleman no later than Friday, April 27th.
- Seniors - Olympia has a 2 new scholarships available for any senior wanting a degree in Education. For more information, look in Naviance or ask in the Counseling Office. The deadline to apply is May 4, 2018.
- For any girls interested in swimming on the high school team in the fall there will be an informational meeting with Coach Jenny Gillis during lunch on Thursday.
- Students attending Prom that are bringing a non-Olympia guest must complete the guest paperwork from the OHS main office. Guests that do not have this paperwork complete will not be allowed into Prom. Please see someone in the OHS main office if you need to complete one of these forms.
- Relay for Life shirts are still for sale for $10. See Rebecca Kath or Mrs. Schroeder to order one. Help support Olympia’s Relay for Life team!
- HAVE A GREAT DAY OLYMPIA!