Thursday, April 18, 2019
Word of the Day:
Transgress (verb)- to violate a law, command, moral code, etc; offend; sin
Anytime there is genocide, someone is transgressing the laws of society and the proper treatment of human beings.
Stuffed Baked Potato
JV & V Soccer is home vs. IVC
Friday, Freshman Baseball is hosting Lincoln
V Baseball is away at Limestone
JV &V Soccer is traveling to East Peoria
Girls Track is away at the GCMS Invite
And on Saturday, Boys Track is traveling to the Rocket Invitational
V Softball is away at the Mt. Zion Tournament
JV Baseball is home vs. East Peoria
- Students 16 and older - the Bloomington Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts are now accepting applications for Summer Positions such as Lifeguards, Camp Counselors, Miller Park Zoo cashiers, etc. If interested go to www.bloomingtonparks.org or see the flyers outside the Counseling Office.
- Students 13 and older - if you're interested in a Summer Job detasseling go to email@example.com for information on how to apply.
- SENIORS - The Counseling office wants to celebrate you by decorating their bulletin board with your picture and future plans. Please bring in a 4 x 6 picture of yourself or email one to Mrs. Blessing and include your plans for after high school (college, military, tech school, etc.). Your picture does not have to be a professional SR picture. Any questions please see Mrs. Blessing.
- Seniors - Several local scholarships are due before Easter break: The Douglas Blair, Susan Schuber and the Olympia OEA education scholarships; Niki Hutchcraft female athlete scholarship; the Stanford 1st Christian Church and Scott Ewing Christian leadership scholarships; and the Olympia OEA Member scholarship. If interested look in Naviance for more details, or stop by the counseling office.
- The yearbook staff is hiring for next year! If you are interested in applying for yearbook staff, please see Mr. Brigham in room B6 to pick up an application. All applications are due the Tuesday after Easter. Thanks, and good luck!
- This is your last chance to buy a yearbook! They will remain on sale through the end of the month, so if you have not pre-ordered your book yet, please do so now at jostensyearbook.com, or bring cash or a check to Mr. Brigham (or Mr. Brigham's mailbox) before the end of April. They are $65, and if you have any questions as to whether or not you've already purchased one in the fall, just ask Brigs!
- Olympia is proud to present Olympia Live! one night only, this Thursday, April 18. Featuring over a dozen acts with some of the hottest talent in the greater Stanford area, you won't want to miss this event. The show starts at 7pm in the cafeteria, admission is $5, and desserts will be provided. See you there!
- Seniors! The Torch needs your baby pictures for the senior edition. Bring or email your photos to Mrs. Hapgood by Friday, April 26th!
- Interested in representing your class for the 2019-2020 school year? Pick up a Student Council Application in Mrs. Cooper's room A13. Help plan Homecoming, Mr. Spartan, and other various service projects throughout the year. Applications will be due April 26th so get yours today.
- Seniors - Several local scholarships are due before Easter break: The Douglas Blair, Susan Schuber and the Olympia OEA education scholarships; Niki Hutchcraft female athlete scholarship; and the Olympia OEA Member scholarship. If interested look in Naviance for more details, or stop by the counseling office.
- STEM club will be meeting Thursday in Mrs. Bowers room A23 at noon. Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Olympia HS Prom "An Enchanted Evening" will be held Saturday April 27, 2019 at the ISU Stadium Club Room at Hancock Stadium. Students should park in the parking lot adjacent to the Football Stadium off of Main Street. The doors open at 7pm for pictures and the dance will be from 7:30-10:30. All School Rules Apply.
- AfterProm will happen immediately following at OHS. Students should be checked in by 11:30 pm and will stay at the lock-in event until conculsion at 4am. Food, fun, games, activities, hypnotist, inflatables, pool, laser tag, prizes and more will be available for the students. Permission slips and waivers must be turned in prior to the event. Pick up or print these forms now. Afterprom is a free event for Junior/Senior Prom Guests and their dates. Juniors and Seniors not attending prom may purchase tickets for $10 prior to the event.
- Attention students who had Biology first semester. You will be taking the Illinois Science Assessment next Thursday, April 25. You are responsible for bringing your Chromebook fully charged to the library at 11:00 - the test can take up to 50 minutes. Students will be done in time to eat during second lunch.
- Q: Why did the farmer feed crayons to his chickens?
A: He wanted them to lay colored eggs! Today we want to feed you Easter candy and Easter treats. Come to FCA during 1st lunch in the gym. If you want Easter goodies, this is the place for you! Only 2 FCA meetings left this year! Hope to see you there.
- Next week the musical will start selling tickets to all of Olympia, be sure to bring check or cash to lunch and purchase your tickets to this amazing musical! Students and senior citizens are $8 and adults are $10
HAVE A GREAT DAY OLYMPIA!