Olympia High School Announcements – Thursday, March 9th, 2017
- Attention Seniors: Please mark the date of April 5th on your calendar as a College/Career readiness day. All 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will be testing, and all seniors are not to come to school that day – your attendance will be waived.
- Mr. Spartan is this Friday, March 10th @ 7PM in the auditorium. Tickets will be for sale in the commons this week during lunch.They are $7. Come on out to see who the next Mr. Spartan is!!!
- Do you want to be part of the Olympia Marching Band but don't play an instrument? No worries! Tryout for the Olympia Color Guard! Anyone is welcome and there's no past experience required. Tryouts are March 13, 14, 15 and 17th from 6-8. Pick up a packet from Mr. Brubaker, and have it completed by the first day of tryouts! We hope to see you there!
- Black and White Night will be Monday, March 13th at 4:00 on the soccer field. Come out and support your Olympia Girls Soccer Team!
- As some of you are probably aware, Ms. Love has recently been diagnosed with a particularly rare form of breast cancer. As a means of support, t-shirts have been designed and are being sold for $15 each. Today is the last day to order your t-shirt. Make checks payable to the Olympia Middle School. Stop by the office and pick up a form.
- The nearby Washburn Community was severely damaged by an F3 tornado that swept through the town at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, February 28. The Olympia NHS is sponsoring a supply drive for the community—teachers have a list of needed supplies. NHS is asking for students and teachers to collect needed supplies for Washburn. Donations may be collected in student advisories or brought to room B5. The NHS students will deliver donations to the Washburn American Legion. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Hapgood or Mrs. Steve.
- Attention Student Council Members:There will be an all member student council meeting Friday in Mrs. Cooper’s Room.Juniors and Seniors check in with your advisor before coming to the meeting.Freshmen and Sophomores dismiss 5 minutes early from advisory, and bring your lunch to the meeting.
Guidance Announcements: The Counseling Office will be hosting College Family Night on March 21st at 6:30 pm in the auditorium. We will have admission counselors from over 10 Illinois universities in attendance, including EIU, Western, University of Illinois Chicago, and SIUC. All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
College Visit Days:
Word of the Week: Don’t hit the snooze. Words related to awakenings.
Words: anew, afresh, arouse
Today’s Word: arouse
Sentence: The spring showers aroused the sleeping life beneath the soil.