Reassessment is offered to all students on all summative assessments. It is best practice for a student to complete summative reassessment as soon as possible.
• If a student receives a 1, the student is EXPECTED to reassess.
• Each teacher will work with a student individually to determine a time line and a time and place for reassessment. Each teacher will set his/her guidelines for reassessment at the beginning of a course.
• Students who have not completed the formative work in preparation for the summative may be required to go back and complete that work.
• An extension of reassessment time frame may be provided for extenuating circumstances or demonstration of sustained efforts.
• Teachers will determine which portions of the summative to reassess; the nature of some summative assessments will require complete reassessment.
• Reassessment opportunities may occur during advisory period, Success Club, or within the instructional block.
• After the reassessment, the highest grade will be reported.