Roles and Responsibilities in Learning
- Responsible for completing all classwork, homework, or any other work required by the teacher in order to master the content. Work will be completed in a timely manner according to the deadlines set forth by the teacher. This includes any work for reassessment.
- Required to seek help from teacher or other staff members when necessary.
- Have good attendance and attend interventions or Success Club when requested or needed.
- Exhibit good study behaviors and Spartan learner characteristics.
- Communicate with teachers regarding student behavior, Spartan learner characteristics, and academic achievement.
- Collaborate with student and teacher to assist in mastery of outcomes.
- Log into Skyward for timely information on student achievement.
- Communicate often and seek help/clarity if necessary from student and teacher.
- Communicate with school officials if concerns arise.
- Teach department constructed curriculum.
- Provide descriptive feedback about student achievement and growth toward master of academic outcomes.
- Submit feedback in a timely manner.
- Provide re-teaching and targeted reassessment work that is relevant and respectful to learning in task and quantity.
- Provide students with a reassessment window. It is best practice for a student to complete the reassessment process as soon as possible. However, if a student shows sustained efforts toward learning or there are extenuating circumstances, an extension of reassessment time frame will be provided.
- Communicate with students, parents, counselors, and other stakeholders regarding academic achieve and behavioral expectations.
- Work in PLCs to collaborate on teaching and assessment strategies that help students achieve.
- Counselor will communicate with a teacher when…
- The teacher attempts to get the student to assess have not been successful.
- The teacher’s attempts to communicate with the parent have not been successful.
- Counselor contact does not need to be made if a student has only been absent for an assessment and arrangement have been made to make up assessment.