School Phone: 309-5911, Ext. 9315
In this course, students will have allotted time each day to work on class work for other classes. Students should utilize time at home to attempt all work prior to coming to class. Students should arrive to this class with an idea of what they need to accomplish and what help they need. Students will learn skills to help with current and future classes including:
- Comprehension (Reading/Listening)
- Basic Math Skills (Memorization/Problem Solving)
- Study Skills
- College/Career Readiness
- Have your supplies ready:
- Colored Pencils
- “just right” Book
- Be in your seat and quiet when the bell rings.
- Student behavior as described in the OHS Student Handbook is expected.
- Electronics are to be away at the start of class. Depending on the day, we may take them out for an activity or independent time.
- Food/Drinks: Feel free to bring water in clear bottles only.
OHS is moving to Skills Based Grading. Students in this course will take summative assessments in three areas. Students are permitted to reassess these summative under the following guidelines:
- A student must have completed all formative assessments to the teacher’s satisfaction before taking a summative reassessment.
- A student will have 2 weeks from the initial summative assessment to retake that assessment.
In addition, students will complete a semester final summative assessment. Students will receive a score in the following areas which will aid students in self-evaluation. The following areas are the essential skills determined by Olympia High School.